Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mr Fussy

.....yeah the nice term for being an anal retentive is probably mr (or Mrs) Fussy. I find it impossible to just bodge this car back together so i can drive it this summer, my Mr. Fussy, ahem, qualities just don't / won't allow it. Grrr me and my OCD.
So while one part of me yearns to be sitting behind the wheel of my too cool for school automobile gliding down the road, the other half of me is faffing about perfecting bits of steel that, once welded on, won't be seen by anybody else, possibly ever. But 'ill just know it isn't right.

That means more snip snip snipping of cardboard and cold forming of steel to make these pesky repair pieces.
It's going to good when i'm done.

more cereal box models. just getting these to fit takes a hour or so.



lots of cutting and eventually persuading the steel to the right shape gives this. I had absolutely no hope of making this one in one piece due to lack of skill, i even convinced myself it couldn't be done in one piece so i'm making it in 3 pieces.



ahhh... OCD releif, it fits.



i welded the two major parts together and made the last cardboard template for creating the lip.



cue the catchphrase, 'got to be happy with that.'

maybe it's not so bad being Mr. Fussy after all, still that's 6 hours of my life i won't be seeing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment