Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bumper mounting hole

When i took the back bumper off many, many moons ago i found to my dismay that the bolt hole had been involuntarily elongated by something or other so this has been on my list of things to do once i got my confidence up with cutting and welding.

The worst bit is cutting out a bit of the wheel arch that is really rust free, but no guts no glory.



cut a bit out revealing pretty much the same story on the inner wheel arch panel.



which needed to go too, obviously. The Dremel is great for jobs like this.




I knocked up a repair piece in the time it takes you to say 'supercalifragilisticexpialidocious' (10 000 times) which i then spent a bit of time admiring....



before i welded it in.




Unfortunately i couldn't get a picture that actually did it justice, i make this my catchphrase but i've got to be happy with that.


and this is the piece i made which will eventually cover it all up again.


No comments:

Post a Comment